The Outboard pilot pack for Lowrance High Definition System (HDS) displays, providing automatic steering for dual hydraulic-steer outboard motors. An extra pair of hands when you need it, the Outboard Pilot, featuring Lowrance SmartSteer™ control from your HDS unit, will steer to a heading, waypoint or route.
Everything you need in one box to fit an autopilot to your hydraulic-steer outboard motor, the Outboard Pilot lets you focus on fishing activity while keeping the boat on course. When connected to an HDS unit, the Outboard Pilot can steer to a waypoint or along a route, select a turn pattern or simply hold a constant heading. The Lowrance SmartSteer™ user interface allows you to easily switch between electric-steer, trolling-motor control and outboard motor control directly from your HDS display. And, with your HDS display, you can easily convert trails to routes – so you can retrace a previous track and get your boat back to the dock from your fishing area.
The Lowrance Outboard Pilot is recommended for boats under 30 feet.
Hydraulic-Steer Kit includes everything to connect your existing hydraulic-steering manual helm pump:
- Pump-1 is a 0.8L reversible hydraulic pump designed to interface to Seastar steering
- Hydraulic fitting Kit is compatible with Seastar manual helm pumps
Communications: NMEA Input Micro-C.
Autopilot/Auto-Steering: NAC-1 drive output: 12V, Max 16 Amps (instantaneous).
- Steer your outboard motors to a heading, waypoint, route or cursor, with control from your HDS Gen2 display.
- New Lowrance SmartSteer™ interface provides control of both your hydraulic-steer outboard motor, as well as the MotorGuide Xi5 Pinpoint electric-steer trolling motor.
- “One-touch” route creation from saved trails.
- Repeat your path with automatic turn patterns.
- Recommended for dual outboard setups, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length.
- VRF (Virtual Rudder Feedback) – simplifies pilot installation — eliminating the need for a rudder position sensor.
- Easy setup – straightforward guide steps you through first-time install.
- Easy-to-install, plug-and-socket connection – with no complex terminal wiring
- Supported by Lowrance Advantage Service program